Re: [Gems-users] New Protocol with SLICC

Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:16:50 -0500
From: Kevin Moore <kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] New Protocol with SLICC
James,
It's hard to say what might be going on without knowing more about the crash. Can you send me the slicc file (cache.sm)? Thanks,

Kevin

On May 21, 2006, at 10:45 PM, James Wang wrote:

Hi All:
    I am currently working on some new cache protocol
that resembles Speculative Lock Elision with
begin_XACT and commit_XACT. My slicc file compiles but
whenever it hits a commit instruction, it will crash
and give a segmentation fault. I was able to identify
the crashing function as the following one
in fn void TransactionManager::clearTransState() in
log_tm/TransactionManager.C:487
    But I did not modify that function at all. What's
going on here?
    Thanks in advance.

Regards
James