Re: [Gems-users] interaction with the simulated machine

Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:19:35 +0200
From: Nikolas Galanis <nikolaos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] interaction with the simulated machine
Alessandro,
I was wandering the same thing, but after letting the simulation execute for some time (15-20min) I saw the characters I typed appearing in the simulated console. So it is just a speed issue. I guess that is the reason the documentation insists on users using checkpoints with the benchmarks already launched :)

Alessandro Bardine wrote:
By the way I have another question:
When I switch to ruby+opal microarchitectural simulation
I totally loose the interaction with the simulated machine:
I still can see the console but I am not able to enter command neither I
receive output.
Is this related to the slow execution of the simulation or to other factors?