[Gems-users] Message jam in throttles

Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:14:47 -0600
From: "Liqun Cheng" <liqun.cheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Message jam in throttles
Hi,

When debugging "Possible Deadlock detected" problem in the MOESI_CMP_token protocol, I found lots of messages jammed in some throttles. The debug filter in network/simple/Throttle.C:267 can print out hundreds of stalled messages. I have increased the link bandwidth to 100000 (100 bytes per cycle), g_DEADLOCK_THRESHOLD to 500000, persistent request invoking threadshold to 50 average miss times and I have also tried adaptive/non-adaptive routing algorithms. But all above can't solve the problem.  Any idea what else can be wrong?

thanks a lot!
Legion