[Gems-users] magic-call.c

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:25:21 -0800 (PST)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] magic-call.c
In the ruby/simics there exists a file magic_call.c. Is this used at all ?

It includes a file magic-services.def which I can't find in the release.
It also makes use of magic_service_mnemonics which I presume is the definition of magic calls specific to ruby.

I have my own  magic calls which I am currently including in commands.C
I just don't want to stomp over existing ruby magic service numbers.

What do the service numbers 3,4 which match to
g_system_ptr->getProfiler()->startTransaction(SIMICS_current_processor_number());
g_system_ptr->getProfiler()->endTransaction(SIMICS_current_processor_number());
actually profile ?

My understanding is that this transaction used to indicate profiling of loops, web transactions etc.

Thanks