[Gems-users] Ruby debugging

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:24:02 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby debugging
Hi all.  I'm trying to debug ruby by using gdb with tester.exec., but
I have a problem: if I put a breakpoint in RubyConfig.c, I see that
some parameters of memory configuration are different from those
defined in rubyconfig.defaults  (for instance, L2_cache_num_sets_bits)
, so every time at least one assert in RubyConfig.c fails and program
aborts. My question is:  where should I define all parameters of
memory configuration when I use tester.exec, possibly without
recompiling ruby nor the tester?
Sorry to be a nuisance. Thank you very much.