Re: [Gems-users] Ruby parameters

Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:05:51 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Ruby parameters
Hi Daniele,

The tester uses its own configuration file, which is used in lieu of rubyconfig.defaults. The file is tester.defaults, found in $GEMS/ruby/config. You can set your tester parameters there, but changes made there *do* require a recompilation of the tester.

Otherwise, you may specify some parameters to the tester's command line:
amd64linux(1)% cd $GEMS/ruby/amd64-linux/generated/MOESI_CMP_token/bin
amd64linux(2)% ./tester.exec
Parsing command line arguments:
Error: either run length (-l) must be > 0 or a trace file (-z) must be specified.

 -h  --help
 -p <arg>  --processors <arg>
 -l <arg>  --length <arg>
 -r <arg>  --random <arg>
 -z <arg>  --trace_input <arg>
 -c <arg>  --component <arg>
 -v <arg>  --verbosity <arg>
 -o <arg>  --debug_output_file <arg>
 -s <arg>  --start <arg>
 -b <arg>  --bandwidth <arg>
 -t <arg>  --threshold <arg>
 -k <arg>  --think_time <arg>
 -q <arg>  --locks <arg>
 -n <arg>  --network <arg>
 -a <arg>  --procs_per_chip <arg>
 -e <arg>  --l2_caches <arg>
 -m <arg>  --memories <arg>
Option --processors (-p) is required.
Either option --length (-l) or --trace_input (-z) must be specified.

Debug components:
 s: System
 N: Node
 q: Queue
 e: Event Queue
 n: Network
 S: Sequencer
 t: Tester
 g: Generated
 l: SLICC
 Q: Network Queues
 T: Time
 i: Network Internals
 b: Store Buffer
 c: Cache
 p: Predictor
 a: Allocator

If I remember my tester-lore correctly, the -e argument allows you to specify the number of L2 banks (Mike may jump in and correct me here).

Regards,
Dan Gibson

Daniele Bordes wrote:

Hi all. I'm trying to debug ruby using ddd debugger; I run
./x86-linux/generated/MOESI_CMP_directory/bin/tester.exec  from the
debugger, but I don't know how to set ruby parameters, whereas it is
possible using commands "ruby0.setparam " from simics command line.
My question is:  how can I set Ruby parameters  (for instance,
"g_NUM_L2_BANKS 256") without loading ruby as simics module and
without recompiling ruby itself, but using only the tester?

Sorry to be a nuisance.
Thank you all very much.