[Gems-users] Register a SIMICS hap call back

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:08:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Wang <jameswang99@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Register a SIMICS hap call back
Hi All:
    I am planning to modify ruby so that it could handle nested exception in a transaction. To do that, I need to be able to monitor the TL register in the MMU. So, after a quick read of the SIMICS reference manual, it seems MMU_Register_Write is perfect hap call back for me. I then want to replace the Core_Exception and Core_Exception_Return haps registered in $GEMS/ruby/module/ruby.c with MMU_Register_Write hap, but the MMU_Register_Write hap takes a third parameter which is the register_index, which I could get by calling SIM_get_register_number(cpu_obj, "tl"). The problem is cpu_obj is not a per cpu variable, so should I actually call the method in $GEMS/ruby/module/ruby.c or somewhere else? Am I on the right track here?

Regards
James