Re: [Gems-users] Questions about MOESI_CMP_directory

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:49:34 +0200 (CEST)
From: Enric Herrero <enricherrero@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Questions about MOESI_CMP_directory
We have seen that the PerfectCacheMemory in the L2
acts as a directory cache and avoids to store the
blocks in L2 that are in a L1. However since it's
perfect cache it does not seem to be designed to be
implemented in real systems. Does it?
Is it suposed to be fully associative?

Thank you

 --- Enric Herrero <enricherrero@xxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Hi,
> We are studying the MOESI_CMP_directory and we have
> some questions about it.
>
> Why must the L1 send the data to the L2 if it's not
> modified when it makes a replacement from Shared
> state?
>
> Which functionallity does the action uu_profileMiss
> have in the  L2?
>
> Why does the L2 consider local and non local L1
> caches and has different states for them?
>
> Why does the L2 need a PerfectCacheMemory?
>
> Thank you
>
> Marco and Enric

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com