[Gems-users] opal0.init failed

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:11:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dave <zhu_dave@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] opal0.init failed
Hello All,

I have successfully installed GEMS and have been trying to do first steps. I have a couple questions:

-In the GEMS documentation, it says they load a checkpoint of a single-processor machine with Solaris booted. What are the other options? I have checked the [simics]/home directory. Are those the hosts and targets that could be used with GEMS? The Simics user guide mentions several hosts and targets, which cannot be found in that directory (such as alpha, fiesta, IA64, powerpc, etc.).

-I have followed all the steps in http://www.cs.wisc.edu/gems/doc/wiki/moin.cgi/QuickStart until initializing opal. The opal initialization gives the following error. What is the problem? Have I done something wrong?

simics> opal0.init
pstate_t: getMMUName: unable to get mmu name. not an object
simics-common: system/pstate.C:698: static void pstate_t::getMMUName(int, char*, int): Assertion `0' failed.
***  Simics getting shaky, switching to 'safe' mode.
***  Simics (main thread) received an abort signal, probably an assertion.

Thank you for your help.

Dave