[Gems-users] Re: configuration of CMP in GEMS

Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 00:06:35 -0600
From: Weihang Jiang <weihang.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Re: configuration of CMP in GEMS
More about CMP configuration

If I only simulate a single CMP, can I ignore
"g_NETWORK_TOPOLOGY: FILE_SPECIFIED
NUMBER_OF_VIRTUAL_NETWORKS: 5" ?

I am still not sure about TIMING parameters:

Your "target system parameters"  and my guessing

interconnect latency 2ns        =>    ON_CHIP_LINK_LATENCY: 2

memory/dir controller 6ns       =>  ???

L1 2ns                                  =>     L1_BANK_LATENCY_MINUS_1: 1
                                                 &  L1_REQUEST_LATENCY: 1

L2 7ns                                  =>     L2_BANK_LATENCY_MINUS_2: 5
                                                  & L2_REQUEST_LATENCY: 5

latency to controller 20 ns      =>   ???

DRAM latency 80ns               =>     MEMORY_LATENCY: 80

Do we need to changes other timing parameters?

following is all the timing parameters in rubyconfig.defaults

// TIMING PARAMETERS
NULL_LATENCY: 1
ISSUE_LATENCY: 2
CACHE_RESPONSE_LATENCY_MINUS_1: 11
MEMORY_LATENCY: 80
DIRECTORY_LATENCY: 80
NETWORK_LINK_LATENCY: 14
COPY_HEAD_LATENCY: 4
ON_CHIP_LINK_LATENCY: 1
RECYCLE_LATENCY: 10
L2_RECYCLE_LATENCY: 5
TIMER_LATENCY: 10000
// for a 3 cycle L1 cache
L1_BANK_LATENCY_MINUS_1: 2
// for a 6 cycle L2 cache bank
L2_BANK_LATENCY_MINUS_2: 4
TBE_RESPONSE_LATENCY: 1
PERIODIC_TIMER_WAKEUPS: true

// constants used by CMP protocols
// cache bank access times
L1_REQUEST_LATENCY: 2
L2_REQUEST_LATENCY: 4
// Allows on a single accesses to a multi-cycle L2 bank.
// Ensures the cache array is only accessed once for every L2_REQUEST_LATENCY
// number of cycles.  However the TBE table can be accessed in parallel.
SINGLE_ACCESS_L2_BANKS: true

// Ruby cycles between when a sequencer issues a request and it arrives at
// the L1 cache controller
SEQUENCER_TO_CONTROLLER_LATENCY: 4

--
Weihang Jiang