[Gems-users] Different CPI's for Ruby and Opal

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:23:29 -0500
From: "Jonathan Brooks" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Different CPI's for Ruby and Opal

I am running a CMP system (2 procs on 1 chip) with Serengeti/Solaris target (mostly default configuration).  I use both Opal and Ruby for a simulation of running a few binaries for 1 million steps.  When I look at the statistics in Ruby, I see Instructions per cycle per processor, which I assume I can take the inverse to get Cycles Per Instruction).  However these numbers do not match the CPI’s I get in Opal’s report.  Why are they different?