Re: [DynInst_API:] testsuite releases request

Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 14:50:36 -0600
From: thaines.astro@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] testsuite releases request
Hi, Stan.

>I still use the 10.1.0 testsuite as that is the last release available.

The test suite has had some updates since the time that Dyninst 10.1.0 was released. However, we don't do versioned releases for it. Rather, we just guarantee that the HEAD of master for the test suite builds against the HEAD of master for Dyninst (it's how we do our local testing). Generally speaking, the current test suite should work against an older version of Dyninst, but I've not tested this.

>Going forward could a testsuite release be matched with a dyninst release?

I don't see any particular reason we *couldn't* do this. I would suggest limiting releases to only when a new version of Dyninst is released to keep the versioning simple.

>I am carrying forward a bunch of testsuite patches to get the 10.1.0 testsuite to build.

Are these patches for Dyninst or for the test suite? What do these patches do? If there are test breakages, we definitely want to fix them.

Thanks.

Â- Tim