[DynInst_API:] Modify architectural registers

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 00:30:10 -0700
From: Rohit Poduri <poduri.rohit@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Modify architectural registers
I am trying to use dyninst to perform some static instrumentation on some program binaries. I am inserting some snippet codes, which calls some functions from a shared library. These functions have some assembly code to modify the contents of some architectural registers which is later used me for some simulations. However the dyninst code does save/restore of register contents which overwrites the changes made by me. Is there a way to change the contents of the architectural registers using some high level API without modifying the save restore code? If not please advise of I should modify the save/restore code.

Also is there a way to clean/delete the dyninst installation process using any CMAKE commands or other scrips?

Thanks,
Rohit