[DynInst_API:] Ignore certain signals

Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 15:07:36 +0200
From: Victor van der Veen <vvdveen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Ignore certain signals
Hello,

Can I modify Dyninst's process control (for Linux) so that whenever a mutator remains attached to its mutatee, certain signals are delivered to the mutatee only?

I am instrumenting a binary (node.js) that triggers many signals during one of its benchmarks and I have the impression that this is causing a modest slowdown, as well as some weird memory leak. It would be great if I could tell Dyninst to not act on those signals.

Apologies for not reading the ptrace manual first :-)

Best regards,
Victor van der Veen