Re: [DynInst_API:] Read .debug_line section?

Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 21:28:40 +0000
From: Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro <darochapinhe@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Read .debug_line section?

Hi John,

After examining this, it looks like we get line info by compilation unit.

The info about the compilation units we get comes from an iteration using libdw dwarf_nextcu, which in turn depends on ".debug_info".

It seems that the whole abstraction of Module, DwarfWalker, Object, LineInformation and Symtab, relies on this way of getting line info.

This didn't change with the advent of libdw. The Dwarf_die was already being used this way.

I would need more time to have this abstraction more clear in order to plan on changing it, or making debug_line be used without debug_info.

Right now, I don't see a quick solution.

Sasha