[DynInst_API:] snippet insertions

Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 02:24:35 -0500
From: Rohit Poduri <poduri.rohit@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] snippet insertions
I am usingÂdyninstÂto do some static instrumentation by patching instructions and inserting function call instrumentation snippets on x86_64. I am trying to modify the register save/restore process for certain registers that happens during the trampoline code. So I am trying to pass some kind of information during the snippet insertion process that can be sent to the whole base trampoline code.

The problem is I am unable to figure out the exact change that happens in the address space structure which is then sent to the binary edit function. If someone could point me to the exact field in theÂBPatch_addressSpace and correspondinglyÂBPatch_binaryEdit structure after snippet insertion, it would be helpful.

Also the exact code that I need to modify is located in the functionÂRegister EmitterAMD64::emitCall located in the file emit-x86.C, which is reached during the call to the functionÂwriteFile(). If someone could point me to the exact path from writeFile to emitCall it would helpful.

Thanks,
Rohit