Re: [DynInst_API:] Problems with cotire

Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:06:43 -0600
From: "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Problems with cotire
As we've previously discussed, I've also had problems with cotire.
Something over parallel builds when building both static and dynamic
libraries.

So yes, I'd either like to turn off cotire or else provide an option
to turn it off.  Master has USE_COTIRE, but it's not exposed, so
currently I have to patch the source.

What would be most useful would be to pick one uniform way of
addressing this, some way to disable cotire, commit this to master,
and then let the other branches pick up the same method.  I just don't
want a situation where I set a variable on one branch, patch a
different branch, something else on a third branch, etc.

Thanks,

--Mark