Re: [DynInst_API:] Testsuite-9.3.0 hangs with Intel compiler

Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 16:13:23 +0000
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Testsuite-9.3.0 hangs with Intel compiler
test3_6 does occasionally leave zombies around; it's testing forced termination of mutatees and it's somewhat brittle.

One workaround is to run the test suite under Jenkins or an equivalent framework that will reap every process in its process tree; that's what we do for our continuous integration (jenkins.dyninst.org). As an added bonus that will take advantage of the test suite's -junit output option, which I suppose I should publicize more...

--bw