[DynInst_API:] 2017 Scalable Tools Workshop (Granlibakken)

Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 11:46:51 -0600
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] 2017 Scalable Tools Workshop (Granlibakken)
                             2017 Scalable Tools Workshop

We would like to invite you to attend the 2017 edition of the Scalable Tools Workshop,
formerly known as the Petascale Tools Workshop and CScADS Tools Workshop. The workshop
will be a 3.5 day event to be held August 6-10 at the Granlibakken Resort at Lake Tahoe.

(This is a long email message, but please read it carefully, even if you've attended
before, as there are some key details here.)

This is a meeting attended by tool researchers and developers to discuss common interests
and work to advance the state of the art. The organization of this year's workshop will
be like that of prior years. For the benefit of those of you who have not attended in the
past, this is a working workshop that aims to foster exchange of ideas and catalyze
collaboration with colleagues in the field.

The schedule for the workshop will include a balance between attendee presentations and
working groups focused on topics of interest to two or more attendees. Working groups
can include joint work on a piece of software, exchange of information to address
immediate needs, work to develop a standard, discussion of opportunities for
collaboration, tutorial sessions, or brainstorming about how to address challenges ahead.

We will be housed at the Granlibakken Resort. The total fee will be either $773
per person (double occupancy) or $1013 per person (single), including meeting costs,
4 nights hotel room, and all meal costs (breakfast, lunch and dinner). This rate is
for a "standard" room (there are 30 of these reserved).  There are another 10 "delux"
rooms reserved at a bit higher rate.  These fees assumes a Sunday arrival, and
departure after lunch on Thursday.  You can register for a shorter period of time,
but attendance priority will be given to those who can attend the full meeting.

Note by reserving lodging space at the Granlibakken as an attendee, you will be
registered for the workshop.  IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A PRESENTATION, YOU STILL NEED
TO SEND US EMAIL with your proposed title and abstract.  Attendees are not
required to make a presentation, but you are encouraged to do so. If you would
like to present your work, you will need to send us a title and brief abstract
for your proposed talk.

The meeting website can be found at:

  http://www.paradyn.org/petascale2017/

Click on the "Registration" tab.  Follow the link on that page to the Granlibakken
site.  You'll need to log onto the Granlibakken site with user name "STW2017" and
password "STW2017".

Once we have an initial attendee list, we will solicit topics for working groups and
(as in prior years) select the final topics at the meeting after assessing attendee
interests. If you and another participant want to collaborate on any related topic,
this is the place you can do it.

This workshop is an open event.  You are welcome to pass along this invitation to
colleagues that you think would benefit from attending the workshop. If you send me
additional email addresses, we will make sure that these folks get updates from us.
(Note that we use this mailing list ONLY for the this workshop and do not share it
with any other group or organization.)

Important notes:
  There are limited rooms at the workshop so please register soon to make sure
  that you get space. The hotel could be quite full this year.

  If you will share a room with another attendee, BOTH of you must register,
  listing the other person's name in the "I will be sharing lodging with"
  field.

  If you want to share a room and don't have a roommate, check the "Please
  assign a roommate" box".

  If are bringing a guest who is not attending the workshop, they MUST be
  registered with the Granlibakken as well.  The cost is $84/night.

  You can arrange extra days at the resort either before or after the meeting.
  There is a place on the form for indicating that.

Looking forward to seeing you at Lake Tahoe.

best,

--bart miller
  john mellor-crummey