Re: [DynInst_API:] dyninst fails to compile with GCC 7

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 16:41:24 +0000
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] dyninst fails to compile with GCC 7
Will--

This is not the only issue with Dyninst 9.3.0 and proper compatibility with toolchains, but it gets to go on the list. I'll go through the build log and add explicit fallthrough comments for 9.3.1, which should be coming soon. Thanks for the detailed report. (Though at least some of these cases have fallthrough comments that are simply ill-formatted by gcc7 standards; it seems that gcc could stand to be a bit looser in its matching here.)

Reminder for everyone: while the mailing list is a fine place for bug reports, our GitHub issue tracker (https://github.com/dyninst/dyninst/issues) is canonical, and reporting there is the best way to ensure you see all follow-ups on a bug. (It's also the best way to ensure that we don't fix the bug without creating a proper issue.)

--bw