Re: [DynInst_API:] --SERIOUS-- #109: Module does not exist writeFile failed

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 13:15:53 -0600
From: Xiaozhu Meng <xmeng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] --SERIOUS-- #109: Module does not exist writeFile failed
Hi,

Is it possible to send me your mutator and mutatee? I can try to see what is going on.

Thanks,

--Xiaozhu

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Duke Dude <noinspiration69@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I've installed the dyinst 9.3 on Kali (debian based) and running the example provided in the appendix give me this error.

--SERIOUS-- #109: Module does not exist
writeFile failed

The only thing I've changed is the accessType_t to open (as I want to rewrite it to a new binary).

Any help or hints as to what may be wrong ?

Alternatively is there a VM or a docker container with dyninst that just works ? :P

Thanks !