Re: [DynInst_API:] new segfault in ELF xlatetom on powerpc

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 22:07:19 -0600
From: "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] new segfault in ELF xlatetom on powerpc
Two more data points:

1. it works for me on power8/le (po) with elfutils-0.167, building and
running the same way that it failed on power7.

2. it fails for me on power7 with elfutils-0.158.

So, it looks like a bug specific to big-endian powerpc and not related
to elfutils version.  And it looks like the problem is how Symtab
interacts with elfutils, but only on big-endian.

I think you'll need to try it on big-endian power7.  I remember we
talked about getting you an account on our power7 machine (biou), but
we didn't follow through on that.  Is that right?

It also fails on Blue Gene front end.  So, you could try it on one of
the vulcan login nodes.  That's where I first noticed the problem, on
vesta at ANL.

--Mark