[DynInst_API:] [dyninst] Does anyone use the format functions?

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:44:19 -0600
From: John Detter <jdetter@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] [dyninst] Does anyone use the format functions?
Hello everyone,

The folks at UW-Madison are wondering if anyone is using the format() function for Operand, Immediate, Register, or Dereference? We are changing the format internals as we move towards AT&T syntax and we are wondering if anyone uses these functions currently.

We are trying to get the AT&T syntax changes into 9.3 and our changes will not break the API. However, we are discussing the option of removing the old format functions in 10.X so if you're using them please let us know.

Thanks,

-- John