Re: [DynInst_API:] segfault in symtab::openFile and ELF wrapper

Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 12:49:59 -0600
From: "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] segfault in symtab::openFile and ELF wrapper
Ok, fair enough.  Let me know how much effort it takes to support
both.

As you know, we build our own.  It's been on my mental to-do list (for
over a year now) to switch to elfutils, but there have always been more
pressing crises.  I'll use this to upgrade the priority, especially
since it's something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

But I do suggest that you try to support both, if that's not too much
trouble.  There are probably a lot of other systems that still use
libelf.  But that's just a suggestion.

And of course, you'll want to clearly document this in the build
instructions.

Thanks,

--Mark