Re: [DynInst_API:] Accessing Packed Floats

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:23:46 -0500
From: John Detter <jdetter@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Accessing Packed Floats

Blair,

You should be able to do this using Dyninst. Could I see the code you're trying to use for this analysis?

-- John

On 09/27/2016 04:52 AM, Blair Archibald wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to do some analysis on (AVX) vectorised values stored in XMM/YMM. Is it possible to access the individual packed floats within these registers?

I've tried using BPatch_registerExpr to get the register I care about but I'm stuck trying to access the values. I thought something like *(regVal + 1) might work to get the second float but I've had no luck so far.

As an aside: I don't think YMM is configured correctly in the registerSpace and I had to manually add it to initialise64().

Any ideas if this is possible/how to do it?

Many thanks,
Blair