[DynInst_API:] Dyninst Mutator and Mutatee examples

Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 10:56:48 +0200
From: Alberto Olmo <aolmo.uab@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Dyninst Mutator and Mutatee examples
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Alberto Olmo and I am from Barcelona, Spain. I am studying Computer Science at the Universitat AutÃnoma de Barcelona and I am currently willing to know how Dyninst works (for the moment in a very basic way).

I have just installed Dyninst 9.1.0 version and wanted to try it with a proper Mutator and Mutatee by following the tutorial from this website:

http://www.paradyn.org/tutorial/

Nonetheless, although a Mutator is provided in it, I don't know how a Mutatee should look like in order to make both work.
I also want to mention that I have been looking for examples in the Dyninst 9.1.0 testsuite but I don't really know how to compile nor execute them since they don't come with any "main()" function to do so.

Please, would you be so kind to tell me where to find a tutorial and/or working examples (easy to understand if possible) of Mutatees and their Mutators?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the inconveniences
I will be waiting for your response,

Best,
Alberto Olmo.

 Alberto Olmo,