Re: [DynInst_API:] code replacement at loop granularity

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:30:39 -0600
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] code replacement at loop granularity
On 01/26/2016 05:06 PM, Shaoyi Cheng wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to replace some code in the binary, currently
I can do function level replacement using Dyninst API's
replaceFunction. Is there any way in Dyninst or other APIs
to do code replacement at a smaller granularity? say at loop
level or basic block level?

Dyninst no, PatchAPI yes, not for the faint of heart, semi-frequently asked question; check the archives re: binary modification for more detailed answers (I need to run now).

Are you sure that *replacement* is precisely what you want?

--bw

Thank you very much!
Shaoyi