Re: [DynInst_API:] commit: further 9.1 fixes

Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 18:58:50 -0800
From: Josh Stone <jistone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] commit: further 9.1 fixes
On 12/08/2015 09:14 AM, Bill Williams wrote:
> in the absence of any further showstoppers, this will become 9.1.0.

I'm still hoping dynamic library callbacks will change from modules to
objects, now that there can be many modules per dynamic library.  I
mentioned this again when the change finally landed, but I think that
may have gotten lost under my ABI objections.

Related, I'm now finding that BPatch_object::findFunction behaves poorly
regarding notify_on_failure.  Since it just passes this flag through to
each BPatch_module::findFunction, then I get notified on each module
that didn't have it, even when one ultimately does.  This previously was
never a problem because I only use it on shared objects which were just
one module too.  I'm guessing that old executable objects would have
already had this issue though.  To fix this, maybe BPatch_object should
mask this flag when calling into modules, then print its own
notification if nothing is found in aggregate.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Josh