Re: [DynInst_API:] Windows Binary Rewriting Support?

Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 10:58:56 -0600
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Windows Binary Rewriting Support?
On 12/03/2015 09:05 AM, Manoj Kumar wrote:
Hello,

Currently, Windows binary rewriting is not supported with Dyninst 9.x release.
Can we expect the support by Jan/Feb 2016 or will it be delayed further.

The current blocking issue with Windows binary rewriting support is that the best version we have available does not properly keep track of which locations corresponding to linker relocations in the original binary have been overwritten, and which locations have been added. Consequently, binaries can have branches to dyninst-relocated code get overwritten with no-longer-sensible information and crash. This is a near-term project for us; January/February 2016 is possible but not guaranteed.

Thanks
Manoj
Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >