Re: [DynInst_API:] Dyninst 9.0 release!

Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:26:51 -0500
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Dyninst 9.0 release!
In a little bit, 9.0.2 will be live...there was a last bug report to fix from 9.0.1. With any luck, I won't get another report 5 minutes after I push the tag...

9.0.2 changes: fixed legacy #defines for version information.
9.0.1 changes: fixes for PowerPC and ARM builds, and for building from non-git-checkout source trees.

If you're building for x86 from a git checkout with no use of the legacy #defines, 9.0.0 should be fine.

Pages and files should, going forward, have a standard major.minor.patch format, for those of you building tools/packages based on Dyninst; tags should consistently be vmajor.minor.patch as well.