Re: [DynInst_API:] getLoopHead interface in BPatch_basicBlockLoop class

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:30:07 -0500
From: Xiaozhu Meng <xmeng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] getLoopHead interface in BPatch_basicBlockLoop class
Hi Bill,

I am not clear about the concept of the "defining statement of the
loop". If the "defining statement of the loop" refers to the statement
in the loop that has the minimum source line number, then I think your
alternative way can work. But if the "defining statement of the loop"
refers to the statement that contains the loop condition, then your
alternative way would not work because the loop condition can be last
source statement of the loop. Could you provide more details on what
you mean by the defining statement of the loop?

Thanks

--Xiaozhu