Re: [DynInst_API:] Is there any way to get the mapping information between rewrote function and original function

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:45:06 +0100
From: Xi Chen <xi.chen.chn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Is there any way to get the mapping information between rewrote function and original function
Hi,
 ÂThank you for the helping, but the DYNINST_DEBUG_RELOC seems only have the information of the BB need to be updated which still in the old code space, and DEBUG_SPRINGBOARD only tell me the entry point of the rewrote function (A jmp between the old function to the rewrote function). However both of them do not contain the function boundary information after rewriting. I mean I can get the rewrites function boundary via sort the entry point of the rewrote function. However I wonder if there are more clean way to do that. Also since in the code generation phase, a adjustment of the offset need to be done, so I wonder if there are any mapping information I can find to map the instruction in the original function and the rewrote function.