Re: [DynInst_API:] TLS-based trampguard patch

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:02:00 -0600
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] TLS-based trampguard patch
On 02/11/2015 08:06 AM, Gerard wrote:
I'm not sure if this patch should have solved my problem with the
maximum number of threads but with this version I still have the same
problem. If I don't increase the MAX_THREADS constant my instrumented
process still hangs after creating around 40 threads.

Tested on 64bits Gentoo Linux with kernel version 3.18.3-gentoo.

Huh. Didn't expect that the vestigial bits of thread index code would cause a hang; you're sure this is a hang and not a crash mutatee-side?

Anyhow, I've got a more comprehensive patch in the works that eliminates MAX_THREADS and the thread index code entirely, and I'll be sending that one out later.

Gerard