[DynInst_API:] anyone using thread index snippets externally?

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 14:57:13 -0600
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] anyone using thread index snippets externally?
This is along the same lines as the TLS trampguard work I've been doing--we technically export snippets that will compute the internal thread index (0...num threads) of the current mutatee thread. At least internally, these snippets existed to support multithreaded trampguards; they're no longer necessary for our purposes. This gives us freedom to either redefine them (if there's some notion of "index" that would still be externally useful) or remove them (if nobody wants this feature).

If you're using thread indexes (as opposed to TIDs) for anything in your snippets, please speak up so I don't break your code in a fit of cleaning.

--bw

Bill Williams
Paradyn Project
bill@xxxxxxxxxxx