Re: [DynInst_API:] Dyninst with Intel compilers on Linux/x86_64

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 08:15:06 -0600
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Dyninst with Intel compilers on Linux/x86_64
Is there a reason that you're not building Dyninst with the default (gcc) compilers?

You can still instrument binaries from any other compiler.

--bart

On 02/04/2015 03:48 AM, Mark Dixon wrote:
On Mon, 2 Feb 2015, Bill Williams wrote:
We only have official support for building with gcc (*nix) and MSVC
(Windows). It looks to me like we've fallen down an "if not GNU" rabbit
hole here and attempted to build with (non-existent) MSVC.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that:- sorry, I hadn't realised.

I think I must have misunderstood the requirements of the rest of the
toolchain - I'll take a closer look. If I need to do this and edit the
cmake files, I'll share the results.

All the best,

Mark