[DynInst_API:] Hung process

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 16:22:52 +0100
From: Gerard <ggarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Hung process
Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue while instrumenting a multithreaded application. In essence this application sends data to other processes through TCP/IP connections using multiple threads (one per connection). The problem is that after 39~41 successful connections (always the same), the whole process hangs and I don't know why this happens or how to make it to continue.

Without Dyninst instrumentation the process works correctly so I don't know if it is a problem with how I'm using Dyninst or a problem that appears due to using it. If I remove the use of threads the application never hangs and all the data is sent correctly so I guess it is related.

Any tips why this could happen?

Thanks,

Gerard