[DynInst_API:] (no subject)

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:08:32 +0000
From: Fabian Mager <fabian.mager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] (no subject)
Hello everyone,

I'm interested in debugging library functions. This works quite well so far for static libraries. I inspect the debug information of the completely linked program in order to get the function start addresses. With the help of ProcControlAPI I'm able to set breakpoints at those addresses before runtime and do there whatever I want during runtime.
This approach obviously does not work in case the library is loaded dynamically because the concrete addresses are not known before runtime hence I don't know where to set the breakpoints. Does DynInst provide some mechanism to get the final addresses of functions that come with dynamically loaded libraries?

Thanks,
Fabian