Re: [DynInst_API:] Call Redirection to a Library Function

Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 23:28:31 +0200
From: Sergej Proskurin <prosig@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Call Redirection to a Library Function
Dear Bill,

On 29.04.2014 17:44, Bill Williams wrote:
Should still work (that's the point of loadLibrary). Everything that falls under a single BPatch_binaryEdit is fair game to use.

I am still trying to redirect a call from a binary blob exit edge of the type "EdgeTypeEnum::CALL" to a function included within a library, which is loaded with help of "loadLibrary()". The function in question can be successfully found - but the actual process of edge redirection (PatchModifier::redirect) fails, since the successfully found function address needs first to be relocated. For testing purposes, I have tried to redirect the edge to a function of the initial program: this works without any problems.

The currently implemented redirection process fails, since it tries to access the BaseAddress of the function - which is probably simply an offset within the module - and hence aborts redirection. My question is whether there is a possibility to manually relocate the function so that it would be possible to access it within the main address space of the binary?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sergej