[DynInst_API:] 2014 Petascale Tools Workshop (and Dyninst/MRNet Annual Meeting)

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:20:04 -0500
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] 2014 Petascale Tools Workshop (and Dyninst/MRNet Annual Meeting)
                             2014 Petascale Tools Workshop
                          (plus Dyninst/MRNet Annual Meeting)

We would like to invite you to attend the 2014 edition of the Petascale Tools Workshop,
formerly known as the CScADS Tools Workshop. The workshop will be a three-day event
held August 4-6 in Madison, Wisconsin at the University of Wisconsin.

This is a meeting attended by tool researchers and developers to discuss common interests
and work to advance the state of the art. The organization of this year's workshop will
be like that of prior years. For the benefit of those of you who have not attended in the
past, this is a working workshop that aims to foster exchange of ideas and catalyze
collaboration with colleagues in the field.  The schedule for the workshop will include a
balance between attendee presentations and working groups focused on topics of interest to
two or more attendees. Working groups can include joint work on a piece of software,
exchange of information to address immediate needs, work to develop a standard, discussion
of opportunities for collaboration, or brainstorming about how to address challenges ahead.

The university will provide facilities for the meeting. There will be a modest registration
fee to cover the cost of food and logistics. This year, we were able to reserve a convenient
and comfortable block of university hotel rooms at $70/night.

The meeting website will be up next week, with registration and local arrangements
information.

Attendees are not required to make a presentation. HOWEVER, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT YOUR
WORK, PLEASE SEND US A TITLE AND BRIEF ABSTRACT FOR YOUR PROPOSED TALK. Do this soon, as late

Once we have an initial attendee list, we will solicit topics for working groups and (as in
prior years) select the final topics at the meeting after assessing attendee interests. If
you and another participant want to collaborate on any related topic, this is the place you
can do it.

Unlike some years past, this workshop is no longer an invitation-only event. You are welcome
to pass along this invitation to colleagues that you think would benefit from attending the
workshop.

On August 7, after the Petascale Tools Workshop, we'll have a half day covering topics
related to Dyninst and MRNet in place of the usual Paradyn Week meeting. This is the place
to get the latest updates and spend one-on-one time with the project staff.

Looking forward to seeing you in Madison.

best,

--bart miller
  john mellor-crummey