Re: [DynInst_API:] How to use DyninstAPI to get thread/process call stack in case of a signal delivery

Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:50:15 -0400
From: Ray Chen <rchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] How to use DyninstAPI to get thread/process call stack in case of a signal delivery
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:01 AM, JiangJie <yangtzj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So why does not dyninstAPI support registering a signal handler callback for
> Linux platform?

I'm sorry.  I wasn't aware, but this functionality was originally
implemented to support a specific windows-only project and never got
ported to our other OS's.

> Is it possible to implement such callback mechanism for Linux?

What sort of functionality do you need in your parent process?  If
you're only looking to intercept signals, have you considered using
ProcControlAPI directly?

http://www.dyninst.org/sites/default/files/manuals/dyninst/ProcControlAPI.pdf

- Ray