Re: [DynInst_API:] Patchset to fix gcc warnings

Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 03:29:50 -0500
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Patchset to fix gcc warnings
This is a very cool thing to do.  Thanks Josh.

--bart

On 5/30/2013 9:31 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
Hi,

I did some diving into gcc warnings today, and have managed to get
dyninst.git master warning free* on my Fedora 19 machines.  I have
published the patch series here:

http://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=dyninstfans.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jistone/warnings

I broke up mainly by subsystem, but there are also a few logical changes
broken up further.  There's nothing too worrisome in there, but I think
at the very least, it's good to have a clean compile so any future
issues will stand out.

I did copy some fairly long warning messages into my commit log, just to
record what I was fixing, but I can trim that stuff if you like.

Please consider pulling this into the official repo, e.g.:
git pull git://sourceware.org/git/dyninstfans.git jistone/warnings

Thanks,
Josh

* it's warning free except for testsuite/ -- that's a hairball for some
other day, I think...