[DynInst_API:] Secure Coding Practices tutorial @ SC2012

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:41:46 -0500
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Secure Coding Practices tutorial @ SC2012
Hi all.

For those of you attending SC2012, I wanted to let you know that we are
teaching our tutorial on secure coding practices on the Monday morning
(November 12th).

The tutorial covers strategies and techniques for writing code that is
more robust and less likely to be hacked.  We present a ton of examples
that have come from our various vulnerability assessment activities of
the last several years.  We'll have examples from C, C++, Java, Python
and Perl. If you're involved in deploying any sort of services or
distributed systems software, this material is really helpful (and will
help to keep you off the front page of the newspapers for the wrong
reasons).

The official web page for the tutorial is:
    http://sc12.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=tut126

Hope to see you in Salt Lake City.

--bart