[DynInst_API:] git mirror and irc

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:55:06 -0700
From: Josh Stone <jistone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] git mirror and irc
Hi folks,

Just want to point out a couple of things we've created.

First is a mirror of the dyninst git repository:
http://sourceware.org/git/?p=dyninstfans.git;a=summary

This isn't meant to be a fork or anything from git.dyninst.org.  It's
just a place where members from our team can post topic branches with
the code their working on, to hopefully ease sharing and discussion.
For instance, I currently have branches that include my BPatch_object
patch on 7.0.1 and on master.

Which reminds me, I don't see a 7.0.1 tag in the git repository, just
one for 7.0, but that does differ from the source tarball.  Was that
just overlooked?  I got around it for now with an extra commit to apply
dyninst7.0.1.patch.

The second thing is that I registered a "##dyninst" IRC channel on
freenode.net, which I am occupying as "jistone".  If anyone cares to
chat, come on in.  Or if not, no worries, I have plenty of company in
other channels.  :)

The '##' naming is following freenode guidelines that '#' names are
reserved for organizations that would have a legal or informal claim to
that name outside IRC.  So if someone cares to register "#dyninst"
instead to make it semi-official, I'm happy to move.
http://freenode.net/policy.shtml#channelnaming

Thanks!
Josh