[DynInst_API:] Core dump -- dyninstAPI on AIX 5.1

Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:35:53 -0700 (MST)
From: vipin sachdeva <vipin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Core dump -- dyninstAPI on AIX 5.1

Hey,
I am trying to build an application which needs to link with the dyninstAPI library. I compiled dyninstAPI-v4.1.1 on AIX 5.1 using the xlC compiler. I uncommented the IBM_BPATCH_COMPAT in make.config and then compiled. I got the following errors first: I have included fixes to them below the errors

""../src/RTmutatedBinary_XCOFF.c", line 105.23: 1506-280 (S) Function argument assignment between types "int" and "int*" is not allowed.
"../src/RTmutatedBinary_XCOFF.c", line 105.23: 1506-280 (S) Function argument assignment between types "int" and "int*" is not allowed.
********
close(fd) --- > close(*fd) on line 105

********
"../src/RTmutatedBinary_XCOFF.c", line 226.48: 1506-068 (S) Operation between types "int" and "void*" is not allowed.
*******

result=mmap(.....);  --- >  result=(int)mmap(....);
*******

"../src/RTmutatedBinary_XCOFF.c", line 232.56: 1506-068 (S) Operation between types "int" and "void*" is not allowed.
*******

result=mmap(...); ---> result=(int)mmap(....);

********
"../src/RTmutatedBinary_XCOFF.c", line 369.54: 1506-280 (S) Function argument assignment between types "void*" and "unsigned int" is not allowed.
************

checkAddr = mprotect(mmapAdd...);r ----> checkAddr = mprotect((void*)mmapAddr...);
**********

After that the libraries were installed successfully. dyner compilation
gave me an error but since I only needed dyninst libraries I did'nt rectify
The library links successfully with the application getmod but when I try to run getmod I get the following error
with a core dump.

Core dump error
********
gcc -g hello.c (a.out executable)

getmod a.out

Assertion failed: func != NULL, file ../../dyninstAPI/src/symtab.C, line 2979
IOT/Abort trap (core dumped)
*********
The same application works well with dyninst installed on Pentium 4.
I have been working on this but unable to find a way out. I will be glad if someone on the mailing list could help me out. Thanks.