[classad-users] collections, views, partitions

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:36:14 -0500 (CDT)
From: John Bethencourt <bethenco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [classad-users] collections, views, partitions
Conceptually, what is the difference between a 'View' and a 'Partition' within
a ClassAdCollection? What I'm doing right now is just getting ClassAds that
match a constraint expression out of a ClassAdCollection. That can be done by
making a Query, binding it to the ClassAdCollection, and calling
Query("root", constraint). However, I also need to get results back in order of
Rank. A few pointers on how Views and/or Partitions might be used for this
would be very welcome.

Thanks,
John B.

Condor Classads Info: