Learn more about GPUs at CHTC; confirm HTC files are backed up

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 22:35:23 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Learn more about GPUs at CHTC; confirm HTC files are backed up

Greetings CHTC users,

Two quick announcements for you this week!

1. For anyone: join us TOMORROW, Wednesday, November 16 at 1:30pm for a demo of machine learning and GPU capabilities at CHTC! This is a great opportunity to see a real example of GPU computing in action and to ask questions about future or current GPU computing work on CHTC. There will also be cookies. :)

The demo will take place in Room 1240, Computer Sciences Building. This page has the event details: https://chtc.cs.wisc.edu/events/2022/11/gpu-ml-demo

2. For users of our HTC system, especially logging into submit1, submit2, or submit3: on Thursday, November 17, we are removing /home directories for CHTC accounts that have recently been deactivated. We plan to remove data only for deactivated HTC accounts; however, we highly recommend making a backup of your files in /home just in case. It is important to back up your files from CHTC all the time, as we do not maintain back ups of our file systems.

If you have any questions, please contact us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers,

Your CHTC team