CHTC Website Content Now in GitHub

Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 11:07:40 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CHTC Website Content Now in GitHub
Happy New Year!

We'd like to announce that the CHTC website content (including online guides) are now hosted publicly in a GitHub repository. Among other plans for improving the website over the coming year, we have made this change to make it easier for the extended CHTC community to contribute and suggest changes to page content.

Therefore, we'd like to formally invite YOU to contribute to the CHTC website in the following ways:
  1. Especially, because we're still transitioning the source file format for each page (from raw .shtml to Markdown),Âyou can let us know if you see any formatting problems we haven't caughtÂby emailing chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx (as always), or for GitHub enthusiasts, describe the problem as a GitHub issue or submit a pull request with the correction.
  2. You can otherwise contribute typo fixes, content clarifications, and content suggestions via GitHub issues and pull requests!Â(Or, continue to report any thoughts in email to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx, at office hours, etc., per your preference.)
We look forward to getting more of your input for the CHTC website!
Your CHTC Team

Lauren Michael -ÂResearch Computing Facilitator,ÂCenter for High Throughput ComputingUniversity of Wisconsin - Madison
lmichael@xxxxxxxxtinyurl.com/LMichaelCalendarDiscovery 2262, (608)316-4430