New capabilities and policies for interactive and build jobs, HTC system

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 10:37:37 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New capabilities and policies for interactive and build jobs, HTC system

Greetings CHTC users,

This message pertains to our high throughput computing (HTC) system.

In order to improve the experience of using interactive and build jobs for testing and compiling in the HTC system, our staff have been hard at work adding new functionality to interactive and build jobs. As part of this process, the following changes will be implemented for interactive and build jobs, starting on Wednesday, February 5

  • Interactive and build jobs can run up to four hours from when they start running.Â

  • Each CHTC user will be allowed two interactive jobs on the HTC system at a time (including one job that runs on the âbuildâ servers).Â

If you think you need to run more interactive jobs, or for longer than four hours, please get in touch at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx to discuss options and strategies.Â

Best,Â

Your CHTC Team