Potential interruption to HTC services on Thursday, August 27

Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 13:24:17 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Potential interruption to HTC services on Thursday, August 27
Greetings CHTC users,

This message is for users of our high throughput computing (HTC) system.

There will be a network upgrade on Thursday, August 27 at 10am, impacting connections to some of our HTC servers. While the upgrade should be brief, jobs may still experience interruptions or not be able to access needed files. Additionally, some submit servers may be unavailable for a short period.

For details of affected services and impact to jobs, please see the âUser Newsâ page on our website: CHTC User News

To minimize disruption to your HTC jobs, we recommend you:
  • Avoid submitting new jobs during the 24 hours preceding the upgrade.
  • Plan to check for job holds or errors on Thursday afternoon if you have jobs in the queue during the upgrade window.
Email us with any questions or concerns at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Best,
Your CHTC Team