Today's downtime rescheduled to Monday, February 25

Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:35:42 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Today's downtime rescheduled to Monday, February 25
Hi CHTC users,

This message is for users of our high throughput compute (HTC system).

Due to the last-minute discovery that today's planned downtime would affect more HTC services than anticipated, we are pushing it back a week to next Monday, February 25.Â

The following resources will be unavailable or taken down during the downtime:
  • submit-1 and most research group-owned submit servers
  • the high memory servers
  • the Gluster file share and transfer server
  • about half of our execute servers
Implications for HTC jobs:
  • Any jobs running on the affected execute servers (including the high-memory servers) will be evicted when the maintenance window begins on Monday, February 25. Evicted jobs will remain in the queue and be re-run automatically.
  • Jobs submitted from submit-1 or a research group-owned submit server may be interrupted if they are running when the maintenance window begins on Monday, February 25. These jobs will also remain in the queue and be re-run automatically.
  • Gluster-dependent jobs that haven't started by the morning of Feb 22 will not run until after the downtime completes on Feb 25.
Get in touch with us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with any questions and concerns.

Cheers,
Your CHTC team